PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Here's to Blog Challenges

Every week brings another Hambo Hoedown

! This week the challenge was to use a Hambo Stamps image (I used Coffee Girl digi image) with its sentiment AND a sketch. I played again with paper piecing, using up some of my smaller pieces of leftover patterned papers, to decorate her dress, the coffee sleeve and the background (on which I printed the sentiment).
Putting the image all together and popping her out with dimensional dots was quite an adventure, but I think she’s kinda cute, in a crazed kind of way. LOL I added a second sentiment from a rubber stamp I found at a garage sale, and I distressed the edges of the card base by sanding the core-dinations paper and then inking them with purple ink. I cut the circles with my Creative memories circle cutter, colored with Copics, and stamped a few coffee beans with a stamp set from Stampin Up (let’s give credit where credit is due!).
For your chance at this challenge, go to Hambo Challenge Blog. Every time you enter a challenge, they will send you a free digi image for the next week. Cool beans, huh?!
Other challenges:
Crafts & Me ANYTHING GOES, handmade/papercrafted.
Craft your Days Away Ac ard for mom or a special friend
My Time to Craft chaLLENGE BLOG ONE FOR THE lADIES!
Penny's Challenges A kitchen/food themed card

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just looking at that very stamp in Joann's yesterday! LOL. I should have thought about this challenge. I like how you printed the sentiment behind her.

Michelle said...

Fabulous, fun card!! Love this image,it is just so me!

Thank you for sharing over at Make it Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Judy Rozema said...

Adorable added sentiment and super cute design! Thanks for playing in the Hoedown!

Doreen said...

What a great card.Thanks for sharing with us at CYDA.xxx

Hannah Clark said...

I love what you did printing the words as background paper! Your card is just adorable! Thanks for playing at Hambo Hoedown!

Linda W. said...

What an awesome job Pat! I love the printed backgrd. - great idea!

Mani said...

Hi.
I love this image. Well done. :-)
Many thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenges and Good Luck.
Manuela